Metadiscussion

Meta:template vs template tag

Is there any real difference between these tags? It seems like they were both added on accident and now it's annoying because you need to search both tags if you're looking for a template. I'm fine with the spending time to combine them all into either template or meta:template if people think that's worth doing.
/ 2
the admins should just merge template -> meta:template
I believe template just gets filtered to meta:template if you add it to a post now so it's clear jannies prefer the meta tag.
Your idea of merging the tags is good.
and especially gigachad & nas:gigachad
Garzon↗
I believe template just gets filtered to meta:template if you add it to a post now so it's clear jannies prefer the meta tag.
Your idea of merging the tags is good.
You're right. I just tested it and when I added "template" to something it was auto added as the meta one.
Actually I think the merge already happened behind the scenes. I just searched for template and -meta:template and vice versa and nothing showed up.
MEKLAV↗
and especially gigachad & nas:gigachad
I just tested it for nas:gigachad and gigachad and got the same results. Every post with nas:gigachad also contains the gigachad tag so it seems like the mods did merge them.
Should nas:yakub and yakub also be merged? They seem to mean the same thing.
Not responding because your username has a racial slur in it.
Aryanchud↗
Not responding because your username has a racial slur in it.
"nigga" isn't a slur. (You) must be thinking of "nigger"
67chungusNigga↗
Aryanchud↗
Show quoted text
Not responding because your username has a racial slur in it.
"nigga" isn't a slur. (You) must be thinking of "nigger"
Well you just said a racial slur so once again I'm NOT responding to a bigot!
Aryanchud↗
67chungusNigga↗
Show quoted text
"nigga" isn't a slur. (You) must be thinking of "nigger"
Well you just said a racial slur so once again I'm NOT responding to a bigot!
good to have you back
done
Back in my days nophono used the meta:template tag
Post #173137
cobblestone↗
done
Would you guys be willing to make perm banning someone auto add "meta:last_post" to their last post and remove it if they are unbanned? Yesterday I used the api to manually add the tag to all banned user's last posts but I'd have to run it around every week to keep it updated. (Also I got permission from custard to use the api)
What happened to all the template posts now I see theres much less
>What happened to all the template posts now I see theres much less
Post #239634
alson2↗
>What happened to all the template posts now I see theres much less
Post #239634
Obsessed and getting old
@cobblestone what happened to all the templates :sad:
MEKLAV↗
@cobblestone what happened to all the templates :sad:
looking into it
/ 2
Log in to reply to this thread.