10 replies·129 views

"The Backrooms Rewritten", by spongie

spongie

#1 FBI's MOST WANTED

3 months ago#1087374(edited 3 months ago)
SPOILER WARNING: "THE BACKROOMS" BY KANE PARSON


ITT: We talk about the backrooms. And the backrooms only. I am also thinking of making a backrooms inspired indie game. We will start from the basics of the backrooms. I will keep typing stuff. Don't you fucking derail, or else I will fucking rape you.
AlephOne

A long status message

3 months ago#1087386
bump
spongie

#1 FBI's MOST WANTED

3 months ago#1087433
For one, as you may know if you've seen any of my recent posts, I watched the backrooms movie. What do I think about it? Good question, yes, good question.
<snca
Many different thoughts flood my mind. TLDR; Though :though: if I had to boil it down, it's a movie of all fucking time. It's just a fucking movie of all time. It's like, so fucking stupid, kinda, but also kinda cool in a fascinating sort of way where I can't help but admire it. Does that make sense? Not sure if it does.
<snca
What does this mean? Well, I think the adaptation could have been a smidgen better. Here's a little context: I am a HUGE SCP FOUNDATION FAN, I don't like the backrooms because it's niggerhell slop, but, it became one of those things where I hate it so fucking much that it goes from ironic -> unironic again, like some fucked up kind of paradox, or a mobius strip. My point being, is that I have somehow transformed into a niggerhell backrooms fan as seen on the 'tok, except, not like that at all, I just think it's funny. I am loyal to the original 4nigger post though, and MAYBE a little bit of Parson's vision, but, there are some things I can't agree with.
<What do you mean?
Well, while Parson's feels like an EXTENSION of the original post, it does not feel faithful though. Not sure, but it just feels like a bunch of niggerhell added on. ASYNC is particularly gay too, but, I guess it's cool because they do Mobile Task Force stuff, but, that's about all the credit I can give him. It feels like it's doing its own separate thing, which is cool and all, but, not really true to the original idea provided in the backrooms. I elaborated a BUNCH on this earlier, and I'm pretty tired right now since I just came back from the theatres (I like watching movies a lot and I also love writing), so, honestly, I can't think of shit right now. Take this as a preamble for rants to come, I guess.
Scoot

i like making soyjaks

3 months ago#1087439
Post #179275
Scoot

i like making soyjaks

3 months ago#1087442
Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275Post #179275
This thread has ran its course
spongie

#1 FBI's MOST WANTED

3 months ago#1087470(edited 3 months ago)
Meanwhile, a conversation I had earlier...
[EXTRANEOUS DIALOGUE EXPUNGED]
>also it's a really fucking stupidly-stupid film. it's just a film of all time basically. but i loved it.
<I've always been intruiged by the concept of the backrooms. The original 4chan post went wayyy over peoples heads. The moist almond shit isnt magic sanity healing its fucking cyanide its meant to be hinting at the place slowly suffocating you. Became zoomerslop SCP and then just died out slowly.
>Correct, yes. The Backrooms are the monster. There not be no monster, though, I must say, if there had to be a monster, a fucking jartified slopjak version of you is pretty unsettling actually, and I was actually pretty surprised in the theatre that the design for the monster was, actually kinda unique and interesting, and a little spooky. But other than that, well, there's a 4chan version of the backrooms, and then the kane parson version of the backrooms (which, at least employs some restraint), and then theres the ZOOMER NIGGERHELL VERSION OF THE BACKROOMS WITH 999999999 LEVELS AND 9999999999999 MONSTERS. WE KILL ANY1 WHO FUCKS WITH THAT. ON SITE.
>I mean, I guess it would suck being trapped in some moisty carpet hell until you starve, or maybe since you're out of bounds, you can't starve? Or maybe the floor SLOWLY rises so you can never sleep, else you'll be glued to the ground, you always have to keep moving. What if you can't die in the 4chan backrooms? So if the floor swallows you (because you stopped moving) then you're stuck in some autistic-child-nightmare of constant wet carpet cloth sensations being rubbed against you like water in your ears. Like being trapped in a wet sock for all of eternity. Maybe at some point you'll fall through the skybox entirely and just fall into a void where it's a constant sensation of falling, kind of sounds like a source game a little. You can feel pain but you can't die and your nigger ass is like AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK IM FALLINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SAVE ME NIGGERMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>and that's pretty much it. You can never sleep. Or if you adjust, well, doesn't like blood pressure in your head fuck up when you're constantly falling forever? Eventually you'd have to enter some hallucinatory state where your just constantly in a benadryl nightmare. I guess if anything, the backrooms is like a Space Odyssey: 2001 ahh horror, rather than a SUPER SCARY LIMINAL LEGO GAME ROOMS WHERE SCARY BLACK NIGGER MONSTER CHASES YOU. Idk.
>That's my take on the redditrooms anyways.
<Good take.
spongie

#1 FBI's MOST WANTED

3 months ago#1087482(edited 3 months ago)
Actually, well, now that I think about it, the original redditrooms copypasta DOES vaguely mention a monster of sorts. So there definitely can be external presence in the backrooms, but, I think chasing is gay. And the backrooms are supposed to be alone and isolated. So what do we do with this? Um. Let me think
<
Ok, I just thought. So what if the rooms itself were kind of cursed in a way, where anybody who gets trapped inside can physically, not meet another living organism. What do I mean by this? Well basically, let's say if you and a friend accidentally noclipped into it at the same time. You could call out to each other like
WHERE ARE YOU
IM RIGHT HERE
RIGHT WHERE
IM RIGHT HERE
I CANT FIND YOU
YOU SOUND CLOSE
I COULD HAVE SWORN YOU SOUND LIKE YOURE RIGHT HERE
IM OVER HERE
PLEASE
IM RIGHT HERE
So, basically, you are cursed to never meet a human being again, forever damned to listen to their voices from just around the corner, but it's a non-euclidean anomaly that makes it so you physically cannot reach them. Eventually you and your loved one succumb to the despair of never being able to meet face-to-face again, again isolation, and stop talking to each other entirely. And here's the thing, the backrooms is an extradimensional space, so the implication is that lovecraftian entities do actually wind up there, and they try to hunt you down, but they too, can never meet you or even meet each other. So it becomes a cacophony of backroom footsteps, moved furniture and belongings, voices trying to meet up, yet, nobody ever meeting up, ever. Like I said, the backrooms are supposed to be isolating, so in this case it FORCES you to be isolated. I just pulled this idea out of my ass rn I thought of it on the go btw
So yeah, the blacked bull SURE HAS HELL HAS HEARD YOU. But will he ever find you though? You will just have to listen to his black nigger cock swinging in the BLACKEDrooms and his bull footsteps and well, eventually he grows impatient, like, "damn im really fucked here too i cant even rape niggas". I guess rapeson is an extradimensional entity in this case or whatever, but eventually everyone succumbs to boredom and isolation. It's mindnumbing like having to work a 9-5, for all of eternity. The niggerrooms is the worst 9-5 job of all eternity-ACTUALLY JUST LIKE A RETAIL 9-5, YOU ARE FORCED TO STAND AND MOVE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE ALIVE, SO ITS JUST LIKE WORKING RETAIL
Here I raise an interesting point, infact the whole reason I made this thread, I wanted to make my own backrooms rewrite, like, the backrooms if it was my spin on it basically. We'll see what I can come up with. Like I said though I'm extremely tired and running on 4 hours of sleep and I'm arguing with my boyfriend, love you though, but eitherway, yeah. Extremely tired. Long fucking work week too. Not sure if anybody is gonna read this, but this is the conversation for reference.
booruaccount

A short status message

5 days ago#2437274
spongie↗
Show quoted text
Actually, well, now that I think about it, the original redditrooms copypasta DOES vaguely mention a monster of sorts. So there definitely can be external presence in the backrooms, but, I think chasing is gay. And the backrooms are supposed to be alone and isolated. So what do we do with this? Um. Let me think
<
Ok, I just thought. So what if the rooms itself were kind of cursed in a way, where anybody who gets trapped inside can physically, not meet another living organism. What do I mean by this? Well basically, let's say if you and a friend accidentally noclipped into it at the same time. You could call out to each other like
WHERE ARE YOU
IM RIGHT HERE
RIGHT WHERE
IM RIGHT HERE
I CANT FIND YOU
YOU SOUND CLOSE
I COULD HAVE SWORN YOU SOUND LIKE YOURE RIGHT HERE
IM OVER HERE
PLEASE
IM RIGHT HERE
So, basically, you are cursed to never meet a human being again, forever damned to listen to their voices from just around the corner, but it's a non-euclidean anomaly that makes it so you physically cannot reach them. Eventually you and your loved one succumb to the despair of never being able to meet face-to-face again, again isolation, and stop talking to each other entirely. And here's the thing, the backrooms is an extradimensional space, so the implication is that lovecraftian entities do actually wind up there, and they try to hunt you down, but they too, can never meet you or even meet each other. So it becomes a cacophony of backroom footsteps, moved furniture and belongings, voices trying to meet up, yet, nobody ever meeting up, ever. Like I said, the backrooms are supposed to be isolating, so in this case it FORCES you to be isolated. I just pulled this idea out of my ass rn I thought of it on the go btw
Show quoted text
So yeah, the blacked bull SURE HAS HELL HAS HEARD YOU. But will he ever find you though? You will just have to listen to his black nigger cock swinging in the BLACKEDrooms and his bull footsteps and well, eventually he grows impatient, like, "damn im really fucked here too i cant even rape niggas". I guess rapeson is an extradimensional entity in this case or whatever, but eventually everyone succumbs to boredom and isolation. It's mindnumbing like having to work a 9-5, for all of eternity. The niggerrooms is the worst 9-5 job of all eternity-ACTUALLY JUST LIKE A RETAIL 9-5, YOU ARE FORCED TO STAND AND MOVE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE ALIVE, SO ITS JUST LIKE WORKING RETAIL
Here I raise an interesting point, infact the whole reason I made this thread, I wanted to make my own backrooms rewrite, like, the backrooms if it was my spin on it basically. We'll see what I can come up with. Like I said though I'm extremely tired and running on 4 hours of sleep and I'm arguing with my boyfriend, love you though, but eitherway, yeah. Extremely tired. Long fucking work week too. Not sure if anybody is gonna read this, but this is the conversation for reference.
Interesting
5 days ago#2437277
No reppies
14lesothowon88

wew, anyways what were you saying?

5 days ago#2437281
haha, sorry nüsöicaca, looks like its time for me to take a dump!
let me just close the door so you dont have to see any of this
oh, its a big one! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPP SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST ITS TEARING MY ASSHOLE APART
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
NÜSÖİCACA I THINK IM NOT GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME ARRGGHHHHH BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP
ITS SPLATTERING EVERYWHERE, THE DOOR DOES NOTHING
BRAPBRAPBRABRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP
*flushes*
wew, anyways what were you saying?
Vale

(⸸) | Ark of the Covenant

5 days ago#2437296
Post #293267
Log in to reply to this thread.